Application Instructions for Prospective Graduate Students
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 15TH
IAU reviews applicants for its graduate programs on a rolling admissions basis, with financial aid and housing priority given to those who apply by April 15th. Decisions, along with a $1,000 non-refundable enrollment deposit, are due by June 1st.
For those submitting applications after June 1st, the non-refundable $1,000 enrollment deposit normally required post-acceptance will be required at the time of application. Please contact the U.S. office before submitting the enrollment deposit to discuss student visa processing deadlines in relation to your application submission date. If your application is not accepted, the enrollment deposit will be refunded.
To be considered, applicants must have (or will have earned by the time of enrollment) a post-secondary diploma. Please note that a phone/internet conversation with an IAU admissions team member may be required to gather additional information from applicants.
Please note that financial aid priority is given to those who apply for aid with their applicaiton for admission. Scholarship and Financial Aid packages will be sent to students along with their admissions decision.Admission to the IAU Master’s programs is based on a review of the following items:
Please complete and submit the online application form.
c/o The American College of the Mediterranean
3. Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) or Résumé
***If you are applying to the Master of Arts in French Studies program, please write your personal statement in French.***
5. Two letters of recommendation
7. Program-Specific Requirements
- Portfolio: 20 images of recent work including a minimum of 5 drawings and 10 pieces relating to your chosen concentration of either Painting or Sculpture.
- Submitting Your Portfolio Files: Please submit your portfolio using Drop Box. If you do not have an account, you can create one for free at dropbox.com. To submit these files, create a new folder in your personal Drop Box named LastName.FirstName_MFAApplication, and add the files included in your portfolio. Images should be submitted as JPEG’s no larger than 1 MB each (approximately 1400 pixels in either direction at a resolution of 100 dpi). Please format image files: LastName.FirstName_1.jpg - LastName.FirstName_20.jpg and include in your final submission. Click “share” from your Drop Box menu to generate a link. Please send this link to email@example.com with the Subject line: MFA Application Files for Lastname.FirstName. Note: Dropbox preserves the time of each folder’s last modification, and after sharing the folder link with us, we ask that you not change anything in your MFA Application folder.
9. A non-refundable enrollment deposit of $1,000 if applying after June 1st
If your application is not accepted, the enrollment fee will be refunded.
Fees can be submitted through the secure credit card authorization form on the online payment portal (select the second option: "A payment for a current or future student without MyIAU account access").
Payment may also be made via check (for U.S. citizens only) to the U.S. Office of Admissions: